The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has issued a cautionary bulletin urging investors considering funds with exposure to the Bitcoin futures market to weigh carefully the potential risks and benefits of the investment. The bulletin describes Bitcoin and Bitcoin futures as “highly speculative” investments and sets out factors for investors to consider before investing in funds that buy or sell Bitcoin futures. This latest Bitcoin-related risk warning follows a staff note sent out last month, warning investors interested in investing in a mutual fund with exposure to the Bitcoin futures market to think twice due to the risks. The latest warning notes that while investments in all types of funds involve risk, funds that buy or sell Bitcoin futures may have unique characteristics and heightened risks compared to others.
- SFC issues guidance for tokenisation of SFC-authorised investment products and intermediaries engaging in Hong Kong tokenised securities-related activities
- US Sec Brings Action Against Kraken For Securities Law Breaches
- Rumoured That The US Doj May Fine Binance Us$4 Billion In Settlement Of Actions
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Clarity in Asia’s Crypto Hubs: Hong Kong and Singapore
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Landscape for Web3 & Digital Assets – a Global & GCC Perspective