In this extract from a live panel session, Patricia Ho discussed the global regulatory landscape in the fields of Web3, Blockchain and Open Source Technologies. Regulators strive to put frameworks in place that promote the balance between consumer protection and innovation. In terms of the regulatory landscape, the United States needs clarity and certainty. The UK has a comprehensive regulatory framework for crypto assets and the European Union has micro markets and crypto assets regulations. In the area of regulatory development, Hong Kong and Singapore have made progress.
- SFC issues guidance for tokenisation of SFC-authorised investment products and intermediaries engaging in Hong Kong tokenised securities-related activities
- US Sec Brings Action Against Kraken For Securities Law Breaches
- Rumoured That The US Doj May Fine Binance Us$4 Billion In Settlement Of Actions
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Clarity in Asia’s Crypto Hubs: Hong Kong and Singapore
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Landscape for Web3 & Digital Assets – a Global & GCC Perspective