The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) has issued a statement of allegations against Poloniex crypto exchange, claiming that the firm has failed to comply with local securities laws. According to the statement, Poloniex has failed to register with the OSC, despite allowing Ontario residents to trade crypto derivatives and securities on its platform. Poloniex is also alleged to have traded in securities constituting distributions without complying with applicable prospectus requirements or obtaining an appropriate exemption. Earlier the OSC notified all crypto exchanges offering trading in derivatives or securities in Ontario that they must comply with local securities laws or face potential regulatory action.
- EU plans to ban large anonymous transfers of cryptocurrency as an anti-money laundering measure 20 July 2021
- SFC announces Binance not licensed to sell stock tokens in Hong Kong 16 July 2021
- UAE is considering launching a digital currency 12 July 2021
- Russia to allow authorities to confiscate illegally obtained digital assets 7 July 2021
- UK regulator warns against investing with unregistered crypto companies 23 June 2021