Russia is amending its laws to allow the confiscation of digital assets that have been obtained from illegal activities. According to Russia’s Prosecutor General, Igor Krasnov, criminals’ use of cryptocurrencies presents a serious challenge in Russia, and virtual assets are increasingly used for corruption and bribery. He noted that while Russia’s existing crypto law, “On Digital Financial Assets”, has played a critical role in addressing this problem, the new criminal code amendments would provide additional protection by allowing the actual application of restrictive measures and confiscation of virtual assets.
- EU plans to ban large anonymous transfers of cryptocurrency as an anti-money laundering measure 20 July 2021
- SFC announces Binance not licensed to sell stock tokens in Hong Kong 16 July 2021
- UAE is considering launching a digital currency 12 July 2021
- UK regulator warns against investing with unregistered crypto companies 23 June 2021
- US Regulator warns investors against Bitcoin futures funds 10 June 2021