Russia is amending its laws to allow the confiscation of digital assets that have been obtained from illegal activities. According to Russia’s Prosecutor General, Igor Krasnov, criminals’ use of cryptocurrencies presents a serious challenge in Russia, and virtual assets are increasingly used for corruption and bribery. He noted that while Russia’s existing crypto law, “On Digital Financial Assets”, has played a critical role in addressing this problem, the new criminal code amendments would provide additional protection by allowing the actual application of restrictive measures and confiscation of virtual assets.
- SFC issues guidance for tokenisation of SFC-authorised investment products and intermediaries engaging in Hong Kong tokenised securities-related activities
- US Sec Brings Action Against Kraken For Securities Law Breaches
- Rumoured That The US Doj May Fine Binance Us$4 Billion In Settlement Of Actions
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Clarity in Asia’s Crypto Hubs: Hong Kong and Singapore
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Landscape for Web3 & Digital Assets – a Global & GCC Perspective