Itau Unibanco, Brazil’s largest bank and a major financial institution in Latin America, has entered the cryptocurrency market by launching a trading service for its clients. The initial offerings include Bitcoin and Ether, with plans to expand to other cryptocurrencies in the future, according to Guto Antunes, the head of digital assets at Itau Unibanco. The expansion will be contingent on regulatory developments. This development follows the exit of two local players, XP and PicPay, from the crypto market in recent weeks.
- SFC issues guidance for tokenisation of SFC-authorised investment products and intermediaries engaging in Hong Kong tokenised securities-related activities
- US Sec Brings Action Against Kraken For Securities Law Breaches
- Rumoured That The US Doj May Fine Binance Us$4 Billion In Settlement Of Actions
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Clarity in Asia’s Crypto Hubs: Hong Kong and Singapore
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Landscape for Web3 & Digital Assets – a Global & GCC Perspective