Hong Kong is on track to become a global Fintech hub with the HKMA’s announcement of its 2023 Fintech Promotion Roadmap. This roadmap seeks to promote Fintech adoption in the wealth management, insurance and green investment sectors, and the initiative is further supported by the HKMA’s Tech Baseline Assessment and Fintech Adoption Study. In this newsletter the objectives, strategies and implications of the HKMA’s Fintech Promotion Roadmap and how it can help the financial services industry keep up with the rapidly evolving Fintech sector are all explored.
- SFC issues guidance for tokenisation of SFC-authorised investment products and intermediaries engaging in Hong Kong tokenised securities-related activities
- US Sec Brings Action Against Kraken For Securities Law Breaches
- Rumoured That The US Doj May Fine Binance Us$4 Billion In Settlement Of Actions
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Clarity in Asia’s Crypto Hubs: Hong Kong and Singapore
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Landscape for Web3 & Digital Assets – a Global & GCC Perspective