The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) released the Access to Banking Services for Corporate Customers circular to facilitate virtual asset service providers (VASPs) to access banking services in the Hong Kong. This came ahead of the implementation of the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) licensing regime for VASPs on 1 June 2023. By paving the way for licensing applicants to meet the SFC’s requirement for bank account details before approving their licensing applications, the circular seeks to connect VASPs and banks in a transparent and secure manner. Follow this link to read an analysis in which we will take a closer look at the HKMA’s circular and its implications for VASPs in Hong Kong.
- SFC issues guidance for tokenisation of SFC-authorised investment products and intermediaries engaging in Hong Kong tokenised securities-related activities
- US Sec Brings Action Against Kraken For Securities Law Breaches
- Rumoured That The US Doj May Fine Binance Us$4 Billion In Settlement Of Actions
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Clarity in Asia’s Crypto Hubs: Hong Kong and Singapore
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Landscape for Web3 & Digital Assets – a Global & GCC Perspective