On 23 September, Charltons’ Managing Partner Julia Charlton spoke at the Hong Kong Law Society’s CPD course organized by Professional Learning Institute on the topics of Hong Kong’s regulations of cryptocurrencies and ICOs, and the regulations of several other jurisdictions, such as China, Japan, and the United States. The discussion was joined by Hong Kong lawyers who are interested in exploring this regulatory uncharted territory.
- EU plans to ban large anonymous transfers of cryptocurrency as an anti-money laundering measure 20 July 2021
- SFC announces Binance not licensed to sell stock tokens in Hong Kong 16 July 2021
- UAE is considering launching a digital currency 12 July 2021
- Russia to allow authorities to confiscate illegally obtained digital assets 7 July 2021
- UK regulator warns against investing with unregistered crypto companies 23 June 2021