There are a number of existing virtual asset trading platforms (VATPs) operating in Hong Kong. How do existing VATPs comply with Hong Kong’s 2023 AMLO licensing regime? In this newsletter we set out the transitional arrangements that have been put in place to help existing VATPs transition to the new regime, including the deeming arrangement that provides an opportunity for exchanges to become licensed from 31 May 2024. Read on to find out more.
- SFC issues guidance for tokenisation of SFC-authorised investment products and intermediaries engaging in Hong Kong tokenised securities-related activities
- US Sec Brings Action Against Kraken For Securities Law Breaches
- Rumoured That The US Doj May Fine Binance Us$4 Billion In Settlement Of Actions
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Clarity in Asia’s Crypto Hubs: Hong Kong and Singapore
- Panel discussion on Regulatory Landscape for Web3 & Digital Assets – a Global & GCC Perspective